Tuesday 19 February 2013

Bloggers dont get arrested

What's the big idea with bloggers apparently your followers can get you arrested or cost you money in legal battles.
China-congress-Beijing
Chinese internet users are rallying around a Beijing blogger detained by police after posting a joke on Twitter about the pivotal Communist Party congress.

Chinese authorities have been especially sensitive to dissent about the party meeting, which last week ushered in a new generation of leaders. Activists were sent out of Beijing beforehand, and police rounded up hundreds of people who tried to draw the central authorities' attention to grievances against local governments.

also you can be sued for using photos on your blogs.

Well on one random post, I grabbed one random picture off of Google and then a few weeks later I got contacted by the photographer who owned that photo. He sent me a takedown notice, which I responded to immediately because I felt awful that I had unknowingly used a copyrighted pic. The pic was down within minutes. But that wasn't going to cut it. He wanted compensation for the pic. A significant chunk of money that I couldn't afford. I'm not going to go into the details but know that it was a lot of stress, lawyers had to get involved, and I had to pay money that I didn't have for a use of a photo I didn't need.       Subscribe via RSS

3 comments:

  1. Funny how this is a good example of communism where the chinese people are sticking together

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. not racist, chinese guy here

      Delete
    2. now that i re read it, i think my first post is wrong

      Delete